The Swedish Requirements Engineering Research Network
was established in the year 2000. We are an association of Swedish universities, organizations and companies that promote and support research, education and collaborative work in the area of requirements engineering as well as associated fields.
The main purpose of SIREN is to promote one of the central areas for successful product development of software intensive systems, namely requirements engineering. We focus the following activities to promote this agenda:
- Scientific debate in relation to requirements engineering and associated disciplines
- Knowledge sharing among researchers and also between companies and academia
- Arrange joint education, and quality assurance of curriculum
- Knowledge and Technology transfer through activities such as the open yearly SIREN workshop
- Rendering expert knowledge, and support governmental agencies as well as industry in the are of requirements engineering